Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Books need waterproof boxes too. April 18-19

April 18: Well, now I know why I liked traveling so much. Aside from all the beautiful places I saw there was also an absence of details and paperwork. I don't like it and I'd love to find a way to avoid it altogether.

That was my day and I don't want to dwell on it.

April 19: After some gentle prodding I got up today and finished my pre-employment reading assignment, which I promptly delivered to our office.

It snowed again today.

On the way home I stopped to photograph this beautiful Ukrainian church in my new neighbourhood.





The name plate of the church.



In the afternoon I headed for the cottage to oversee the drying out process.



My sister has most of her storage items in plastic tubs which prevented major losses. Only some old books were soaked and some of them are drying not too badly.



It is hard on them knowing they had a flood and not being able to come here until next week.


This photo was taken driving into Saskatoon toward the West Side on 20th Street. The sign on the sky walk says Saskatoon Shines. I don't know about that, it is still dusty from winter but it is going to green up pretty nice real soon.

As always, if you want something nice to look at in Saskatchewan ..... look up!










No comments:

Post a Comment