Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back in Saskatoon April 11

The flight from Calgary was less than an hour and I arrived to Saskatoon mid morning. It is still cool but the snow is pretty much gone.


My car was parked out of town so I waited for Alison to finish work to ride home with her. I took a taxi from the airport to the bus depot where I stored my bags and arranged for Alison to pick me up there after work.




Then I walked and took the bus to run errands, get my car registered and my phone upgraded. Did some shopping, talked to friends, and went for coffee. Saskatoon is a city of 200,000 plus and it is easy to cover the center shopping area on foot.



It will soon be green and lush with many parks and walking trails along the river. Now that I have been to Paris I understand why Lonely Planet calls Saskatoon the Paris of the Prairies.





Saskatoon's skyline along the river.

Art on Broadway Avenue.


Waiting for a bus at Circle Park Mall.




There are so many details to look at all at once and it will take a few days to get everything done.


I will be here for a few months and then off I go again so I'm not getting too settled. It will be nice when I can completely unpack for a while though.

No comments:

Post a Comment