Monday, October 18, 2010

We are in Sydney again on Oct 18th

Sorry to send another copy of this. It is nice to have the internet stick so I can do this sort of stuff on the bus, but this morning the bumpy road caused me to accidentally post it before I was finished writing it.

We arrived in Sydney at 10:30 after a 3 hour bus ride from Newcastle and our next bus our wasn't until 8:00 pm so we decided to go over to Darling's Harbour for the afternoon.

Most of these photo's were taken at the Chinese garden's there.






We were easily able to walk there from the central YHA. It was an enjoyable afternoon with lots to do and see that didn't cost much and so it was also a break for the pocket book.
The Maritime Museum has nothing on the Halifax Museum.
You can see the city rising above the tranquil park.
The Chinese costumes were provided by the park for people to walk around the park in and take pictures.
We had fun with that.


















Walking home I got a couple more shots of old buildings.


At 8:00 pm we boarded the bus for Melbourne.
Susan was assigned a seat at the front. She wanted to trade because it had no foot rest so I got a seat with lots of leg room and a rail to put my feet on. I took a pic of my happy feet on the rail. They look a bit swollen from all the walking but by having them up all night they were great in the morning.
We are in our hostel in Melbourne now and will be here for at least three nights. We have tours booked for the next couple of days.

Now for a nap!









No comments:

Post a Comment