Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hobart, Tasmania and holding....

Yesterday was a long day. We booked the train from Melbourne to Sydney but there was a derailment and we had to go by bus for the first third of the way. Being extreemly used to bus travel already, that was no problem.


Today we were up at 5:30 to fly to Tasmania and after we got settled in we went out to explore. We chose to use the hop-on-hop-off bus which was disappointing but it gave us the lay of the land.

I am always surprised to find the bathrooms of a restaurant are out in the backyard looking like out-houses but turn out to be flush toilets.

We walked by the harbour a bit and stopped for supper at a fresh fish place in the harbour.


Metal sculptures of seals and penguins on the shore are very realistic.





Of course there is always a sea gull!


We got back from supper and Susan wanted to walk 10 more blocks to get some groceries for breakfast and supper tomorrow. I didn't feel like I had that much energy left in me but we did it and walked through a nice park along the way.

This door way is at City Hall. You already know about my love of doors, windows and especially balconies.
Well, I managed to stay up until 8:30 but I must sleep now. Tomorrow we have an early tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment