Friday, October 15, 2010

Brisbane

We arrived in Brisbane at 6:30 AM after an exhausting 19 hour bus ride from Airlie Beach. We couldn't even check in until after lunch .....so..... what are you going to do? We went shopping!
Just have a few shots around town below and now we are back at our room. We thought we had a tour arranged of the historical area but the guide didn't show up and we explored on our own.

This church on the corner of George square looks like it is barely holding its own against the modern world.

There were lots of buildings of this style and age. Reminds me of New Orleans.




I don't know what these trees are but they are everywhere here. They are just covered with lilac colored blossoms.





Lots of bikes for rent.


Another balcony ..... my fave!


Well, the saga of my feet continues with a second visit to the doctor in less than three days. I had a spot of cellulitus which isn't clearing up very fast so got another 5 days of antibiotics. I had been going in the salt water thinking it would help, but that is not true according to the Doc.


Then the side of my big toes got very sore. Turns out that it is bunions. News to me but it was very painful. I am taking 1400 mgs (serious!) of pain killers/muscle relaxants for a while now and that seems to be doing the trick. Too much walking, I guess.

Have to take it easy and take care of my feet for a while I guess.

1 comment:

Polar Pilot said...

sounds like you are having a great tourist experience - take care of those feet because they are critical for traveling as you are learning.

I am home now and Joanne joins me here on Sunday - no travel until November and then it is work related.

Love the blog and the pcitures
Bert

Post a Comment