Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sydney, first day.

We got here Oct 5Th at 9:00 am and spent the morning getting oriented and finding our hostel. On the subway from the airport my neck cushion, which was attached to my pack, managed to remain outside of the doors when they closed. I quickly took it off to avoid losing an arm but the doors opened again and I got the cushion back.

Then.....as we were walking from the subway to the hostel I realized the pack is much too heavy. I have to dump some heavy stuff before I move again. I thought, that because I could lift it I could also carry it.




But here we are safe and sound in Sydney. We walked around for a bit and then caught a ferry out to Manly where we walked on the beach.


A view of city center from the ferry.



My sister, Susan, waiting for the ferry.




Farther out in the Quay there were many sailboats.



We turned in early that night as we were kind of short of sleep.




1 comment:

MollyB said...

Great pic', Fay!!...brings back great memories I have of our time in Sydney!!

Post a Comment