Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last day in Iquitos.

Tomorrow morning we board the buses for camp again so my next Internet will be Sept 10th and home on the 11th.




Today, being Sunday, was a quiet day in Iquitos. I slept late and went out about 9:30 to wander around. The Cathedral on the square was open so I joined them for Catholic mass. The music was phenomenal and when they pass the peace they ran around hugging and kissing everyone including me.
The inside of the church looked a lot like the church in Kill Bill where Bill shot Beatrix. Inside the church was very warm and I thought it might get a bit longish but the service was only 45 minuets.


I had a nap this afternoon then went to an Internet coffee place called Karma with some of the Blue Morpho gang. There has become very little that anyone wants to do other than move from one chair to another in various food places.


It's just another balcony.


Tonight I am going out for supper and then pack for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment