Sunday, August 15, 2010

First stop Iquitos, Peru.

I will spare you the details of my long and arduous flights from Saskatoon through Toronto and Lima except to say I have better luck sleeping in airports than I do on planes.
Arrived here yesterday Aug 14th and have been going for walks and catching up on sleep.

A view looking out over the Itaya river.

My hotel is the Acosta pictured below. It is an adequate three star hotel with air conditioning and wireless in the rooms.



The hotel is near the Plaza De Armas, one of the squares in the city.
Buildings such as this are a reminder of the wealth and charm of the rubber era here.

I will be up early and ready to leave for the Blue Morpho camp by 10 AM tomorrow. I am never sure what to expect as the experience is different for each person each time. I will be away from Internet access for the next 9 days.

I have been reading a recently published book called Fishers Of Men by Adam Elenbaas which is an account of one young man's life experience. It describes the Ayahuasca healing experience from a Christian perspective but does give some detailed accounts of his experience in ceremony. Fishers of Men: The Gospel of an Ayahuasca Vision Quest is available from Amazon.com.

2 comments:

Terence said...

Hotels in Lima are just fabulous. This three star hotel with air conditioning and wireless in the rooms are pretty awesome. Great Writing!

Unknown said...

Best wishes for beautiful and celestial journeys Fay !

Noel

Post a Comment